Monday, September 13, 2010

The Road Ahead... (5 Anticipatory Links)

I’m currently working on my reviews of Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Cairo Time. I spent the last four days reading Robinson Crusoe which honestly has to go down as one of the most excruciating experiences of my life. Never have I struggled to read a book before – I think I’m losing smart points by the minute. It’s the Fall, though, and everyone’s looking forward to the beginning of the official movie season. I don’t put much fate in the claim, though with Agora being my only grade above a B+ thus far I do hope the year picks up.
             
The thing is, with all these Fall and Winter flicks to come I still haven’t seen a lot of films that have been out forever in the States and elsewhere like The Kids Are All Right, Mother & Child, Winter’s Bone and a load of other crap.
    
I'm not the only one looking forward to the Fall
   
Resident smarty, Nick Davis, always gives his list of films that are on the sleight for the rest of the year. His list this year definitely gives me some to think about. I never even heard of his #1 before.
       
Castor's got a list of 25. I'm a little offended that the one I'm anticpating most isn't even on this list, but I'll let that pass...
Luke is starting his predictions. The fact that he has HBC and KST (two important abbreviations) in his Supporting Actress lineup makes me really happy, even though it's a long-shot.                  
Joe's analysis are hilarious, and I have a feeling he's on point with most of the summations.
 
Anna has a list of some of the usual suspects....
          
What are you looking forward to most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...