Sunday, September 5, 2010

Glee Meme, Day 14: A Scene that Made Me Happy

More on the GLEE MEME
In a way, I’m totally misreading this day in the MEME and in a way I’m completely NOT. There are scores of moments on Glee that made me happy, but I’m looking for a moment that surprised me with its brilliance – loosely used. There was the pregnancy drama of Quinn / Finn / Puck and then there was the fake pregnancy drama of Teri Schuester. Many hated it, I was ambivalent...until the reveal. I don’t hate Teri, she’s a psycho but with reasons and that very dramatic moment where Will finally realises that she’s been faking the entire thing is one of the strongest dramatic moments of the show. It made me happy to see that Glee could get serious and still work. The breakdown worked because we understood where both parties were coming from even as Teri said lines like, “This marriage works because you don’t feel good about yourself.” As much as I love Jayma Mays’ Emma I felt bad at the deterioration of this relationship and Gilsying and Morrison showed us that they WERE talented. And nothing makes me happier (okay few things) than seeing good use of talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...