Sunday, September 5, 2010

Literature Review

I’m feeling foolish at the moment, or perhaps lazy is the appropriate word. Even though I spend a good deal of my holiday reading I don’t think I’m ready for literary stuff and my Novel Course this semester begins with Daniel Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe. If you’ve never read Defoe, here’s a hint – the man never heard of chapters. I’m already balking at re-reading it, actually I can’t even remember it clearly so it’s like I’ll be reading it for the first time. Then on to Joseph Andrews by Henry Fielding (I wish it was Tom Jones) and then Pride & Prejudice and Jane Eyre. Wuthering Heights is the only Bronte book I like so that means, other than Pride & Prejudice I’m not looking forward to this semester of reading (and then next year, The Mill on the Floss. Ick!)  On the topic of Jane Austen, though, why do her books make for such good cinema?
          
Am I being harsh? Which of these is worth a second read? What have you been reading lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...