Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Glee Meme, Day 17: Least Favourite Episode

More on the Glee Meme. Heading into dangerous territory, maybe.
       
I considered “Acafellas”, I loved Morrison’s singing and I even liked the Acafella shows but I didn’t like the episode. But last week, while rewatching “Ballad” with a friend (who LOVES this episode) I realised how much I hated it. The thing I liked most was Rachel and Will and I didn’t love it that much. Really, little about “Ballad” entices me.
It’s the tenth episode of the series and they pair off into duos to sing ballads. That’s one oof the things that annoys me from the get-go. There’s a wealth of possibility there (Artie and Quinn team up as do Tina and the other Asian) but only the three quasi leads sing (Michele, Morrison, Monteith). Sure, “You’re Having My Baby” is a great song, and sure Dianna Agron can sell the weirdest emotional bits and yes Finn’s mother’s reaction to the pregnancy is golden BUT the episode is plagued with so much that seems glib, and then there are the parts I hate like Mercedes horrid advice that it falls at the bottom of the spectrum. It’s still not a horrible episode, it’s a B- (even B in some parts) but it doesn’t make me happy like Glee usually does. 
And all of ballads to end with – “Lean On Me”? Eh, pass.
       
Did you dislike Ballad? Which episode was worst for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...