Thursday, September 16, 2010

Because I Can: Random Links

 And now, a list of really random links...
      
...I found Meaghan's recent post to be really random, yet oddly interesting. It's about airports...
Odd, like the news that Spielberg was greatly inspired by Lean's Lawrence of Arabia which is not my favourite Lean film (SEE HERE), but I think I like him a little more now.

Burning Reels gives us a look at more than a score of auteurs and what they can do to improve. I don't like them all, I even loathe some but he's essentially spot on with his diagnoses.
             
I kind of loathe Nicolas Cage, including his hair. Yet, I read through an entire post based around his hair. Seriously, it's that good.

Remember 2005? Of course you do: Jane Austen, Johnny Cash, gay cowboys, overwrought metaphorical racism and whatnot...The Answerman gives his top ten; his #6, #2, and #1 are in my top ten. My #1 isn't. That's diversity for you. (Speaking of which, here's Danny's review of another 2005 gem: Matchpoint.
I can't dance to save my poor life, but I can live vicariously through Ruth's list of great tango scenes. I've even forgiven her for leaving out Santa Evita.

I liked The Runaways when I saw it earlier in the year, and Andy seems to be a moderate fan. The trio of Shannon/Fanning/Stewart is pretty good to me.

Bryce is celebrating two years of NOT SUCKING. (I should try to do the same...) Tom's also celebrating an anniversary.

Luke always has the weirdest ideas for lists, and by weirdest I mean freaking brilliant. 20 best clothes horses...

...and on a sad note, Stinkylulu has departed. Not in the corporeal sense, but blog-wise. Quelle dommage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...