Thursday, September 2, 2010

Glee Meme, Day 11: Favourite Sue Sylvester Moment

I like Jane Lynch on Glee. She’s not as brilliant as some people would make her out, but she’s brilliant enough. She’s having so much fun I can’t resist her. I do prefer her in her ridiculous register when she’s offensively lying through her teeth, and really there are so many moments when she’s just brilliant. Her singing voice is a joy to listen to, but I’m not sure her singing really works in context. That’s why I’m always happiest when she’s using her voice for giving out brilliant one liners (or entire paragraphs). Consider her usual diary diatribes.
“Dear Journal;
Feeling listless again today. It began at dawn when I tried to make a smoothie out of beef bones breaking my juicer... And then at Cheerio’s practice – disaster! It was unmistakeable. (Cut to Quinn wavering at the top of the pyramid.) It was like spotting the first spark on the Hindenburg – a quiver. That quiver will lose us nationals and without a championship I’ll lose my endorsements...and without those endorsements I won’t be able to buy my hovercraft!
      
Glee club! Every time I try to destroy that clutch of scab-eating mouth-breathers it only comes back stronger like some sexually ambiguous horror movie villain. Here I am, about to turn thirty and I’ve sacrificed everything only to be shanghaied by the bi-curious machinations of a cabal of doughy, misshaped teens. Am I missing something journal? Is it me? Of course it’s not me. It’s Will Schuester!”

Jane Lynch is just brilliant with the ridiculous and her brand of crazy is imperative to balance out the all other types of crazy of Glee. I don’t consider her best-in-show (although she completely ruled “Throwdown”). If there’s one thing the woman can do, it’s sell a monologue. So happy that she’s now an Emmy winner.

More on the Glee MEME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...