Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Shades of Diane Keaton

It's January 5th and today the original Annie Hall of them all turns 66. Yes, today is Diane Keaton's birthday. Diane Keaton is a whole lot of fun - as an actress and as a "star" though I don't like to use that word. So I'm going to zero in on five of her performances that I find most enthralling like I did on Scarlett's birthday. So wish Diane a Happy Birthday; and enjoy the list.

Theresa Dunn in Looking For Mr. Goodbar (1977)

"I'm alone, I'm not lonely. I'm depressed - you're depressing me."
               
Bessie in Marvin's Room (1996)


"Oh my goodness, just look at you. Are you really that old?"
                   
Annie Hall in Annie Hall (1977)

"La-di-da, la-di-da, la la."
                          
Louise Bryant in Reds (1981)

"No, you love yourself! Me, you FUCK!"
                       
Erica Barry in Something's Gotta Give (2003)

"I'm like the dumb girl that doesn't get it. I've never been the dumb girl before. It ain't so great."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...