Sunday, January 17, 2010

...And So It Goes...

So The Golden Globes came and went. I'd talk about them, but I'm so overwhelmingly apathetic to the entire thing I'd rather not. I've been saying for weeks, but it's the culmination of my overall disinterest in the awards race this season and as person after [undeserving] person went up I felt strangely glib about it all. Sure, I was happy to see Avatar win - but I felt pretty nonchanlant nonetheless. Still, it would be remiss of me not to highlight the grandest moment of it all - Martin Scorsese. Scorsese is my favourite film-maker at the moment and the most sincere moment of the night was his accepatance of Cecille DeMille award. Moving on...Were you as underwhelmed by the Globes, or were you as drunk as Ricky Gervais?

So with StinkyLulu’s blog-a-thon over and done with I’m taking a short hiatus from the world of blogging. I hate taking breaks because I always feel like something important is going to happen, or I break them and blog anyway. However, I probably won’t be breaking this because this is going to be an extremely busy week, I’ll try to keep abreast with new posts if time allows. I will be back on Thursday with reviews of The Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus and A Serious Man. January is drawing to its close and I’ll be starting my 2009 in Review posts sometime in the new month. I’m still hoping to see three films in particular before that time – Bright Star, Nine and A Single Man – I know they’re going to be make impressions in my list. Regardless of whether I do or not nominations will be unveiled in February in the usual categories.
                        
But, dear reader is there any extra category you’d like me to feature. Is there any extra category you'd like me to feature. Shout it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...