Saturday, June 5, 2010

You Got Linked: Nine

This week my favourite post comes courtesy of Ross v Ross. It’s probably the most topical post of the week: what do you like and dislike about being a film blogger. To add to the goodness of the post, it’s nice hearing fellow bloggers weigh in.
        
Airport is a nice popcorn flick of the seventies that went on to get a crapload of Oscar nominations. Chase takes a look back at it.
I didn’t have anything new to add to the obituaries on Dennis Hopper, but Tom offers up a thoughtful piece on Easy Rider…a film I’m yet to see. Any Hopper performances stand out for you?
        
Though Heather didn’t get a chance to participate in my blog-a-thon she did write a nice piece on My Fair Lady. I’m not a big fan of the film, though.
              
I’ve not seen Let the Right One In so the remake doesn’t interest me that much either way. filmjunkie isn’t too pleased with the idea, though. Go read her rant.

Castor reviews The Road, I film I felt I may have been a little too harsh on way back when. It still manages to be one of the 20 best of the last year for me (better than 6 of the 9 BP nominations I saw).
            
CS reviews last year’s Oscar winning Crazy Heart. His thoughts are just about right, says me…
                   
Danny takes a look at the new Catherine Keener indie, Please Give. He’s not overly fond, though he admits it has its merits.
…and nine… Remember Nine? I sure do…many don’t care to. Fitz offers up a review of it, he’s fairly entertained and it’s as much as I can ask. At least he didn’t lambast it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...