Friday, June 11, 2010

TV Meme, Day 11: A Show that Disappointed

I may be pushing it a little with this entry, but that’s how it goes. It wasn’t so much that this show disappointed me over a long period of time, but after hearing so much about this show (it’s a big favourite where I live) I watched it for a number of years – yes years, and never could muster up any appreciation for it – Everybody Loves Raymond.
Really, I do not get the appeal for this show. Obviously, it’s not a horrible show but I don’t know why so many people are overly enamoured with it. Ray Romano has got to be one of the most tepid leading comedic men and the dynamics of the show always fail to impress me. Other than Patricia Heaton (obviously doing excellent work) the rest of the cast usually leaves me with little feeling. From a theoretical stance I understand what they’re going for with the realistic comedy, but Everybody Loves Raymond just ends up leaving me cold more often than not.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...