Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh, June...

Perhaps projection from hatred of my birthday made June a bit unbearable at times....
                    
It’s weird. It seems the more stressed out I am the more blogging I do. That’s the only reason to explain the 70 posts this month – June was even worse than May.
            
Along with Jose and Luke, I finally discussed the Best Actor Race of 1985. Two actors nominated for action films? That doesn’t happen often.
On the collaborative note I teamed up with Yojimbo for a Scene On A Sunday discussion centring on Atonement.
                  
Of course, I probably should take into account the 30 posts dedicated to the overlong TV Meme, but despite the stress it was fun. Rachel and Ryan T. have been counting with me and Luke, Robert and Jude are still in the process. Yes, we know most of you are movie blogs, but TV has its moments.
          
Speaking of which, I submitted my own ballot for the upcoming Emmy Awards a few days ago. The Emmy’s are notorious for depressing me, but I’m like a dog with a bone.
                            
I’ve reached the homestretch of my Top 100 films and only recently singled out The Apartment as #10. More to come in July. I’ve also got a countdown of sorts (inspired by Heather) premiering tomorrow, so check back for more details.
                
I revisited the lovely An Education though what I did was nothing like a review, hence the poll in the sidebar...I'll review whatever wins. 
My movie watching has been considerably down, what with exams and all – though I did see Nowhere BoyR (liked it very much), Robin Hood (appreciated it in spots) Toy Story III (liked it, generally). The latter got me wondering about the animation format... July should point to increased viewing, I’m very curious to see Knight & Day actually.
                               
After Marshall won LAMB Casting she went for a lighter film. Get your ideas for My Best Friend's Wedding sent to me.
                      
June marks the halfway mark to the year. How was it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...