Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Banner

RESULTS: Hello folks, again. I realised I was just being a tad hard on Luke since he's guessed the correct answer. Each of the seven characters above was involved in a tragic love affair. Six of them were involved in a love affair where one of the parties died, and five of them died themselves. So, it's all together a rather bleak banner - but I love it nonetheless. The clue was that I said look at the characters (not the actors) but I still applaud Ryan's thinking...
...so Luke wins the guest post. Shoot me an email whenever you're ready, and thanks to all for guessing.

Hello folks, as you can see the banner has been changed. As usual I'll let you take a guess, but it will be more diffiuclt than choosing which movie the actors are from (which is quite easy, no?). The seven characters above have something in common, tell me what it is. To narrow it down, another five of the seven have something else in common. Answer one, or both and you'll get bragging rights...and a guest post if you're desirous.

HINT: You could probably say that most of the seven took my tagline advice...So many of those characters cast off common sense...they did a lot of feeling and little thinking. Viola is moved by Will's poetry, Madame de Tourvel casts off her religion for her seducer, Cecilia petulantly (but courageously) casts off her family in the face of wisdom, Keats was the ultimate sympathetic artist, and Tony didn't think enough about the ramifications of his romance with Maria. I can't say if Katherine and Frank were thinkers or feelers though...

PS. The quote is from Sondheim's Sunday in the Park with George - my favourite musical.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...