Thursday, June 24, 2010

TV Meme, Day 24: Favourite Quotes

When I saw the theme for this day of the meme, I smiled as I anticipated what show I would focus…for it is a show loaded with laughter. But I couldn’t just focus on one show only because many shows have given me great quotes, although I have to hear them before I remember. Friends, Sex & the City, Family Guy and Desperate Housewives have given me great quotes. There is a particular one I love to use from Grey's Anatomy..."
"I am not a sore loser. You know, and so what if I am? The whole point of games is that there is a winner, a first place. You want a second best surgeon operating on you? No, you want the very best. And second best is mediocre and to settle for mediocrity is--- is frankly a sign self-loathing and sub-standard work ethics."
but the show under the spotlight will be Will & Grace

The countdown begins, some are short lines and some are bits of dialogue but all hilarious. Enjoy.
             
#21: Will: Karen, I am a lawyer, which means, unlike you, I actually *passed* a bar.
                
#20: Rosario: [to Karen] Why don't I just squeeze you like a sponge. There's probably enough alcohol in you to fill a hot-tub.
                
#19: Karen: It's a cult, like the Moonies, or the homeless.
                 
#18: Jack: He's a smarty pants, Will... he uses big words like 'particularly' and 'delicatessen.'
                 
#17: Karen: [to Grace] Oh Lord, honey, you are just as simple as that blouse you're wearin'.
                      
#16: Karen: [to Jack] Oh, Honey. You're simple, you're shallow and you're a common whore. That's why we're soul mates.
                      
#15: Karen: Well, well, well. Look what the cat cleaned up, showered, exfoliated, powdered, lipsticked, Gucci'd and dragged in.
                    
#14: Karen: Oh kids ruin everything. I mean look at the stitching on this. You cannot trust a ten year old to do a good hidden button.
                      
#13: Jack: My ride is here. It looks like a huff. I think I'll leave in it.
                       
#12: Karen: Honey brace yourself. Stan is having an affair. He was caught red handed.
Jack: He was by himself?
                      
#11: Karen: Grace. It's Christmas, for goodness sake. Think about the baby Jesus... up in that tower, letting his hair down... so that the three wise men can climb up and spin the dradel and see if there are six more weeks of winter.
                
#10: Karen: Well honey, look on the bright side.
Grace: What bright side?
Karen: Jeez Honey it's just an expression.
                   
#9: Ben Doucette: Let's talk wine. Karen, you have any preference?
Karen: Honey, I'd suck the alcohol out of a deodorant stick, so you're asking the wrong girl.
                       
#8: Karen: It's a victimless crime, like tax evasion or public indecency.
                      
#7: Karen: [on hiring Jack to play a straight man in a commercial] No one in the world would believe you're straight. You're as gay as a clutchpurse on Tony night. You fell outta the gay tree, hitting every gay branch on the way down. And ya landed on a gay guy... and ya did 'em. No, no, honey, your gayness can be seen from space.
                     
#6: Karen: It's the oldest story in the book. Boy meets girl. Boy wants girl to do dominatrix film. Girls says, "Naked?" Boy says, "Yeah." Girl says, "No way." Boy says, "Okay how about you just wear this rubber dress and beat this old guy with a scrub brush?" Girl says, "How hard?"
                          
#5: Grace: What you're feeling are pangs of guilt.
Karen: What?
Grace: Guilt. Oh, boy. Ok. How am I gonna explain this one? Uh... guilt is an emotion that - Ok. Jumping ahead. An emotion is something that...
Karen: Hey, hey, hey. Come on. I know what guilt is. It's one of those touchy-feely words that people throw around that don't really mean anything... You know, like "maternal" or "addiction."
                 
#4: Cheryl: I think you are awful.
Karen: Oh yeah? Well I think stretch pants are awful, but I am too much of a lady to say it, FAT ASS.
[to Jack]
Karen: Could you believe that?
[scoffs]
Karen: Some people, so tactless.
                
#3: Jack: I don't care if he's rich or poor, fat or thin, as long as he's rich and thin.
                     
#2: [Will is coming out to his boyfriend's boss, who had thought they were brothers. Earlier, Will and Stan changed Stan's will without telling Karen and made it so 1/3 of his money would go to charity]
Will: But make no mistake about it, Harry. I am a gay man. I sleep with men. I have no desire to sleep with women... Not now, not ever.
Karen: [entering] You screwed me, Will Truman!
Will: What?
Karen: Oh, don't you play dumb with me. Oh, you stuck it to me but good.
Will: Karen...
Karen: And he is just so comfortable giving it away, aren't ya? Wow. Single mothers. Homeless women. Sally Struthers? You make me sick! I got news for you people, I'm gonna get him in a room, and I am gonna work that little will until I'm satisfied.
         
#1: Karen: I thought, finally. A man who can make a woman feel like a girl. And who can make that girl feel like a slut. And who can make that slut feel like a woman.
            
If you’re not laughing after that…something’s wrong with you…and in case you didn’t realise it – Karen rocks!
         
Still on the MEME....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...