Monday, April 19, 2010

Decade in Review: The Best

I think I can say I've done my duty in recapping the decade. I've done a number of entries dedicated to the decade in review. I'm sure there's some miscellaneous category, but if it comes to me I'll let you know. I think it's time for me to stop looking back before I turn into a pillar of salt, and I suppose that the logical conclusion is to sum it up with the best films of the decade. But, you know me - always atypical, so I'm not recapping film quality, but acting quality. What were the films this past decade with the best ensembles? It's a question that always triggers me thoughts (I did the same for the nineties). So with no explanations I list the 30 best film ensembles of the decade -with a few runners up. Let me remind you, this is not a list of the best films. It's a list of the ensembles that I think were best - the most collectively good performances, the best chemistry among actors, the most talented....
          
Runners Up (alpha): The Constant Gardener, Closer, Dreamgirls, Erin BrockovichIn the Bedroom, In the Loop, King Kong, The Messenger, The Reader, Sweeney Todd

Tier Five
 
                      
Tier Four
  
           
Tier Three
 
             
Tier Two
 

Tier One

The Greatest Ensemble of the Decade
                                              
I'd expect that fans of certains films are foaming at the mouth, so do your worst and tell me where I went wrong. What's missing from the list, what should be missing...what are your thoughts on the top choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...