Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthday of a Beauty

Why is Michelle Pfeiffer so gorgeous? She has aged so gracefully. Sure, I was all disillusioned this year with the Oscars and whatnot, but Pfeiffer's surprise tribute to Jeff Bridges was the best moment of the night for me, even if she should have been there - as a nominee at least. It's her birthday today, so I'll just like to note five of my favourite Pfeiffer performances...in ascending order...
             
Lea de Lonval in Cheri (2009)

"I'm probably making a fool of myself... but then again, why not? Life is short! "
       
Catwoman/Selina in Batman Returns (1992)

"Well, that was very brief. Just like all the men in my life."
               
Susie Diamond in The Fabulous Baker Boys (1989)

"Listen, you're not going soft on me, are you? I mean, you're not going to start dreaming about me and waking up all sweaty and looking at me like I'm some sort of princess when I burp?"
             
Madame De Tourvel in Dangerous Liaisons (1988)

"I'm beginning to think you may have planned the whole exercise."
     
Countess Olenska in The Age of Innocence (1993) 

"Newland. You couldn't be happy if it meant being cruel. If we act any other way I'll be making you act against what I love in you most. And I can't go back to that way of thinking. Don't you see? I can't love you unless I give you up."
              
Someone get this woman to an OSCAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...