Thursday, April 29, 2010

Literary Pursuits

I always like to see cinema mentioned in other art forms, especially when it’s an inside joke of sorts. One of the plays I’m reading at the moment – Moon On A Rainbow Shawl – is a Caribbean piece examining the social ideology of post war Trinidad, but I love this particular snippet between two of the main characters.
                        
Rosa: You is a real good looking man, you know?
                       
Ephraim: Good looking, like who?
                    
Rosa: Robert Taylor…
                                   
Ephraim: Please. Go way!
                                         
Rosa: Jimmy Stewart…?
              
Ephraim: He good lookin’?
         
Rosa: William Holden…?
       
Ephraim: Yes, that’s it. Me and he is twins!
                                      
Despite liking him in Picnic and Sunset Boulevard, I still find that Holden rarely interests me as an actor, sometimes bordering on tedious. But I’m speaking as a straight male? Jimmy? Robert? William? Who wins on looks?
(Not on talent – Jimmy obviously wins for that, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...