Monday, November 23, 2009

Listen Up Folks!!!

This is another issue that exemplifies how unreliable absentminded careless much I have on my plate at the moment. I don't know, somethings just slip my mind, not because they're unimportant - but because I'm me. I’ll be honest; the Katharine Hepburn Awards on my sidebar slipped my mind. I’ve been collecting your votes for the final round for what seems like a lifetime. And it’s been a while. During the temporary inertia as it relates to that feature of the blog, I’ve gained quite a few more followers and visitors so I’ll just extend the invitation to them to Vote in the Awards.

Anyhow, it’s official. On the 11th of December I will finally be releasing the results for the Katharine Hepburn Awards. It’s been a few months since the list was made, the nominees and then the finalists chosen. I’m not quite certain, but I probably will be continuing with that blogathon re-scheduled for the 11h too. Katharine Hepburn has quite a vast filmography and she’s worked with a number of legends – Grant, Stewart, Olivier, Tracy, O’Toole, Hopkins, Poitier. She’s done something for every one, so you have a wide variety of choices. There’s no stipulation; you can focus on the movie itself, you can focus on the performance. You can be a lover, a hater – no pressure. Just a few paragraphs, pages on Lady Kate. Seriously, I want to hear something from all of you. Even those of you who are not exactly Classic Cinema fans. Yeah, I'm talking to you too! And you're pretty much free to pick whichever film tickles your fancy, though I hope we can exhaust the list below.
            
Adam’s Rib
The African Queen
Alice Adams
Bringing Up Baby
Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?
The Lion in Winter
Little Women
Long Day’s Journey Into Night
Morning Glory
The Philadelphia Story
The Rainmaker
On Golden Pond
Stage Door
Suddenly Last Summer
Summertime
Woman of the Year
            
So yeah, this is me begging ordering pleading asking requesting that you polish up your writing skills for 11th of December. You'll hear more on the issue before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...