Thursday, November 26, 2009

Antichrist: Part Une

An unnamed married couple retreat to the woods to deal with some psycholgical issues in Antichrist. I'm not Lars Von Triers fan. I've not seen that many of his films, and for of those I've seen - I'm not that impressed. Sue me. I didn't like this movie. Not one bit. I could end this post with that, since I'm not quite sure how to explain. Charlotte Gainsburg performance rang through as so false for me, I'm nonplussed as to how she's won awards for this. As I said, Dafoe was my main draw here. He's capable, but unexceptional. I suppose the film is Von Triers giving the finger to the world; but hot damn. I was unmoved.  I was uninterested in either of the two characters. Nothing. Zilch. I don't how the heck I'm grading this.

I'll be back with Part Deux

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...