Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where the Wild Links Are

I’m enjoying my last few days of freedom before school reopens (grrr), and it’s all going well. I should be more regular with the links, and there have been so many great bits since.
My favourite post of the week (thus far, I know it’s Tuesday) has to be Ryan’s entry for the Movie Meme focusing exclusively on Joe Wright. I’ll let The Soloist (passable as it was) go; I can’t wait for Hanna.
                    
Jose’s back with a vengeance and he loathed Knight & Day…which saddens me, because I did like it so. It's weird, I'm not usually fond of Cruise, but there it is - seducing me with a laughing Cameron Diaz and a caustic Viola Davis. Speaking of loathing. Know who (else) I loathe? Will Smith. Marshall warns you all from watching Ali...and though it's not horrid, I'd agree with him. (Speaking of Marshall, I only recently interviewed him for the LAMB, Check it out.) And while we're on the topic, I don't like George Clooney either. Fitz does, though, he takes a look at his favourite Clooney performance.
          
It’s been a while since I saw Sophie’s Choice a film that many believe the greatest performance of all time. Marcy offers up a thoughtful review of it. Is Meryl flawless in it?
               
I was moderately impressed with Antoine Fuqua’s Brooklyn’s Finest. Frank offers up effusive praise for the crime drama. How many of you have seen it? 
                     
What’s the best movie battle? Tough question? Heather doesn’t think so… here's her list.
I have a habit of becoming a dissenter, even if it’s not always deliberate. When I predicted (in my very first post) a lack of BP love for The Dark Knight it was more me hoping than anything else. I didn’t love the film, banana oil almost loathes it.  What are your thoughts on her feelings? I'm not the biggest Darren Aronofsky, I wasn't the biggest fan of The Wrestler in 2008 either. I'm probably not a fan at all, though I'll respect the man's talent. Carson reviews his 2008 The Wrestler, his direction is superb though I think the actual film is less so.
                 
I desperately need to see Woody Allen’s Interiors. Alex offers up an analysis of Geraldine Page in Woody’s drama. Slightly OT but I do love Geraldine in Sweet Bird of Youth
          
Fletch needs your help with his marriage troubles. Well, not really...but there's a hypothetical situation and he wants your help. It involves Angelina, Brad and Jen...GO. Here's another hypothetical bit. You're going on a date...which movies would you NOT want to watch there? If you just had ate don't look, but Dan's list is full of excellent choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...