Monday, August 23, 2010

"Loved Getting Wet Just Now": Blogathon

So the weekend has come and gone and I was lucky enough to get some entries for my semi-blogathon chronicling great moments of cinematic rain. I call it semi because I didn't really publicise it, what with internet problems and my general laziness. Still, I've managed to rack up some good entries, many of them unexpected...which I like.
      
Nicholas examined the rebirth of Rose DeWitt Bukater, when she becomes Rose Dawson as she reaches America. It's a moment in Titanic I love (but then, I love all of it) that often seems forgotten.
Remember the climax of American Beauty in the rain? Marshall covers that one. That's another favourite of mine, Annette walking in the rain always gets to me.
         
Speaking of Sam Mendes, Castor looks at Tom Hanks in Road to Perdition. That movie is woefully underrated.
      
Ryan's first choice was Giselle's two moments in the rain in Enchanted. Then he rethought it and decided to cover an important moment in Slumdog Millionaire. Both are good...which do you prefer?
          
Darren covers a number of scenes, though the shot from Unforgiven - not my favourite Eastwood, but fine nonetheless. And his analysis is excellent.
        
Jose took a look at a film I've never heard - of The Zone the shots look lovely and it seems interesting, but lack of knowledge doesn't make his entry any less interesting.

Ruth covers three scenes, all form Jane Austen adaptations. You know I love the British...and really who can resist Jane Austen+Kate+Keira and rain?
Amy covers three scenes, the one in Plesantville sticks out.
         

And I look at a moment in The English Patient - Fiennes, Binoche, Fitzgerald and rain. Lovely.

ADDENDUM: Twister covers Being John Malkovich...another moment I didn't see coming, and one that's brilliant. 
         
Thanks everyone for participating, and thanks to Jose for the idea! Who knew getting wet was so much fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...