Sunday, February 14, 2010

Encore Awards: Pt. 4: The Final Nominations...

I'm giving you the last set of nominees for my Awards for 2009. Many shocks are ahead - so don't say I didn't warn you. I give you my picks for Makeup and Editing. The former is my least favourite technical award, though it did bring me laughter when I saw The Young Victoria was nominated over two of my nominees. Editing is always fun, though I'm not like AMPAS in thinking my best pictures must always be recognised here, but I suppose I'm avant garde like that. The tech nods can be found HERE.
      
My Adapted Screenplay nods have two comedies, a dramedy, a gritty drama and a fantasy. It is a pity they couldn't all have gotten the love these so deserved. My Best Actor lineup features only one of Oscars' nominees, which is actually good for me. No, it's not Jeff Bridges either. I wonder what you'll think...since my Supporting Actress ballot matches Oscar 0 for 5. So, to address the elephant in the room - Mo'Nique didn't make it. Still, I would say that of the eleven finalists I would have no qualms about putting their names in a bag and randomly picking five, I'd be satisfied with whoever comes out since it's been an exceptional year in this category. My Picture and Director lineup are not so against type, at least not really. You decide. Screenplay, Acting, Director and Picture are HERE.
       
So here are the tallies
Bright Star (11 nominations)
An Education (9 nominations)
Avatar (8 nominations)
Nine (7 nominations)
The Messenger (5 nominations)
Coraline (5 nominations)
The Hurt Locker (5 nominations)
The Road (5 nominations)
A Single Man (4 nominations)
The Fantastic Mr. Fox (3 nominations)
The Lovely Bones (3 nominations)
Cheri (3 nominations)
Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince (3 nominations)
Star Trek (2 nominations)
Three Blind Mice (2 nominations)
Drag Me To Hell (2 nominations)
Moon (2 nominations)
The Princess & the Frog (2 nominations)
Duplicity (1 nomination)
In the Loop (1 nomination)
Public Enemies (1 nomination)
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (1 nomination)
Inglourious Basterds (1 nomination)
Brothers (1 nomination)
The Young Victoria (1 nomination)
Where the Wild Things Are (1 nomination)
         
Winners will be posted sometime in the following week.
         
I'm sure you have lots to say, and I want to hear you say it. So, shout it out!!! Tell me where I'm crazy, or where you agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...