Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Encore Awards 2009: Pt. 1

I have to post reviews and grades of a few films before I officially wind off 2009, but I've been promising this post for a while now and I'm actually quite anxious to know what you think. Awards, awards, awards. It's actually a copout when you think of it, since I'm just handing out the nominees this week. I want to rewatch some key films before I decide on the winners, but I digress. I'm unveiling my thoughts on three categories today so tell me what you think. Click on the links to see my nominees.
                     
Original Song turned into a complete joke at the AMPAS as far as I'm concerned, though this year's nominations are at least better than last year's. Two of their picks make my top 5, so I suppose it's all good. 
               
Costume Design is always interesting, though I have not seen Coco Avant Chanel, and I don't plan to.
               
Then, there's Supporting Actor. In a year of boring decisions this has to be the worse main category at the Oscars, but what do I care? I'll honour the snubbed here - there were so many of them. How many do we have in common...? One. I'm surprised.
       
So three categories down. What would your lineup of costumes look like? Did you crazy for the Crazy Heart songs? And who were the valuable supporting men for you? Sound off below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...