Tuesday, February 9, 2010

When I'm Wrong...I'm Wrong

It seems I've been had. Well not quite, a few months back The Mad Hatter remarked that sometimes a rewatch of a film helps with grading it. It's never happened to me, so I didn't really take it to mean much. I'm fixed in my ways for the most part, especially on those light and easy films which are just for fun like real concerts (do you pick up the reference?). But I digress. I rewatched He's Not That Into You - against my will, mind you - and I realise I was wrong. Even when In Contention was championing it I didn't feel the need to rewatch, but it's an absolute breeze and I need to move it from that meagre C to a B. I didn't even review, I wonder if I dreamt I saw it and didn't like it. I can't believe I just did that, trust me this surprises me more than it does you. A film with people I do not care for (Connelly, Aniston, Afleck), and people I have no feelings towards (the Entourage guy I'm too lazy to find the name of, Ginnifer Goodwin) manages to please me. Sure it has the lovely ScarJo, but did they have to give her that role? Still, she's fine, as is Justin Long and Drew - and the entire cast actually. Definitely underrated, but definitely took me for surprise on second viewing, I guess Mad Hatter was on to something...
          
What did you think of He's Not That Into You? Or were you one of the (many) who skipped it?
    
Addendum: Just realised that Kevin Connoly's name is actually on the poster, which makes me feel bad because I actually like the guy on Entourage - and here too. Me=fail.

Addendum: Official Grade B-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...