Friday, April 15, 2011

I'll Be Linkin' You (six times)

I'm a sucker for Scorsese, so I love this post that Paolo did on The Last Temptation of Christ by default. Really, though, almost all of Scorsese's films beg you to analyse. I'm both surprised it got any Oscar love, and miffed that it only got one.
      
Stephanie lists her five favourite Sidney Lumet films. I'm still not sure what I'd pick as a favourite. And yet, even though Long Day's Journey Into Night is nowhere near my favourite it's always the film of his I remember first, and not even for Kate. I just think Dean Stockwell is phenomenal in it.

On the note of classics, though, Anna lists the best female classic performances, by her edict. Kate is on there - if she wasn't I wouldn't even have thought of linking this. I kid you not. (PS. Am I the only one who thinks Eva Marie Saint looks like a dead-ringer for Kristin Scott Thomas in that screenshot?)
                
And moving from the classics to the modern, Nicholas offers up a nice review of Kick-Ass. I say no more, it's a good one. I'm crossing fingers that Aaron Johnson comes off that great year last year to make a good career for himself.
            
The Mad Hatter is taking one for the team, watching truly horrendous films...or so he says. The thing is, I've seen only one on the list - so I can't be certain they're that awful, I've never even heard of them. Are they?
         
And to close, check out this fine retrospective of Redford's directing career that Yojimbo charted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...