Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Never mix, never worry."

With only about two hours of leg-room she moves from this...
...to this.
Today is Sandy Dennis' birthday. I suppose, in a way, it's awful that her Honey from Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf is the performance of hers that I always reference, but it's easily one of the strongest supporting performances ever - so I think that I am forgiven. What makes Sandy's performance all the more special for me, though, is the fact that Sandy is really the only true supporting player in the film. Yes, George Segal is a supporting actor but he's much more a character of the main arc than Dennis who's forced to perform on the sidelines and still give an absolutely brilliant performance. Not that I can call it my favourite, though. I can't choose between the quartet...but Dennis is brilliant.
          
Happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...