Thursday, April 28, 2011

Video: Sneak Peek to President Obama's Appearance on 'Oprah'

"The Oprah Winfrey Show" has taped an episode featuring President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle on Wednesday, April 27 as scheduled. A sneak peek to the couple's visit has now been made available for viewing pleasure, revealing that Obama's birth certificate issue is going to be discussed during the interview. 

"Why did you wait so long, though?" Oprah asked the president. "When it first came up, were you thinking, I hope I was born here?" Wearing a formal suit with his wife sitting next to him, he responded, "Can I just say? I was there, so I knew that - I knew I had been born. I remembered it." 

"I said to my team, look, even though this is not usually what the state of Hawaii does," President Obama shared. "Even though the Republican governor of Hawaii, the Democratic governors of Hawaii, all the various officials had confirmed that I was born here, let's ask them for a special dispensation where they will go ahead and provide us with the original to see if we can put this to rest." 

Obama taped the interview with "Oprah" just hours after the White House disclosed his birth certificate. Early in the morning, the president addressed the press gathering at the White House, "I know that there is going to be a segment of people for which no matter what we put out, this issue will not be put to rest." 

"But I am speaking for the vast majority of the American people as well as for the press," he added. "We do not have time for this kind of silliness. We have better stuff to do. I have got better stuff to do. We have got big problems to solve." 

"The Oprah Winfrey Show" featuring President Obama will air Monday, May 2 on CBS. It marks his first appearance on the show after he was elected as a president. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...