Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Day Late

Yesterday was Natalie Wood's birthday and I forgot to post something about it. She's often remembered and yet so underrated as an actress. Here are five excellent contributions from Ms. Wood.
          
Susan in Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

I believe... I believe... It's silly, but I believe.
           
Judy in Rebel without A Cause (1957)
I love somebody. All the time I've been... I've been looking for someone to love me. And now I love somebody. And it's so easy. Why is it easy now?
              
Maria in West Side Story (1961)
Te adoro, Antone.
                          

Angie in Love with the Proper Stranger (1963)
That's what love is - bells and banjos playing? How they brainwash you! And here I spend my whole life like a nut waiting for what? A stranger.

Wilma Dean in Splendor in the Grass (1961)
Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, glory in the flower, we will grieve not; rather find strength in what remains behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...