Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's Not Just Me!

Confession: I don't like watching movie trailers. I have no real reason, I just don't. The only trailer from last year I saw before I saw the film was Nine and Bright Star...other than that, no. If I must watch, I watch without sound - so the first trailer for any 2010 release I anticipated was a silent Never Let Me Go Trailer...of course the trailer that the internet has recently been abuzz with was that of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. In case you didn't know, I love these books. I know it's literary suicide to admit that (and from a Literature student, no less) but I do. I'm always saying that I'm looking forward to great things from the cast, none of them more than Rupert Grint, who I continue to maintain has a promising career ahead of him.
And I'm not the only touting Grint apparently, my favourite director Martin Scorsese has only recently pimped him HERE*. I feel validated...I mean, that probably made my month (yes the month has been going that horribly).
  
I still haven't listened to the trailer, but for those of you who actually watch trailers here it is.

I've broken down my five favourite things about it.
I almost screamed when I saw the shot above. If you read the book you know what's going on, if you haven't (what's wrong with you?) I won't spoil it. I will say, I'm so glad that that my darling HBC will get to have some fun. Yippee.
            
Perhaps it's because I too am sporting a beard, but I feel a sense of validation in seeing that the disheveled look is in. Though teen romance is not particularly poignant Grint and Watson do have great chemistry...so I'm interested to see what comes of their "romance".
           
I don't know what's going on there, but I just love that shot.
      

Confession: I love the Death Eaters. They're bad ass, they wear black and they're headed by one of the most talented Britons. What's not to love?

Another shot I love for no reason, I will miss the lack of Quidditch in the final chapters. It's grown on me...(and I will never forgive them from not giving me enough in The Goblet of Fire).

     
ONE THING I LOATHED
No matter how hard Daniel tries he cannot make this Bonnie girl a good actress (I refuse to check her last name). She's insufferable...why oh, why couldn't they have just let Harry end up with Luna? Watching The Half Blood Prince last week on reaffirmed how terrible she is...Ick.
   
I'm not the only one waiting for November...am I?
        
*ADDENDUM: If you click on the link, you'll see that some sick person started the Scorsese/Grint rumour. Boy, the know to get me worked up. Sigh. As you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...