Saturday, March 19, 2011

“Women are obliged to be far more skillful than men.”

Today is Glenn Close's birthday, I mean to give her a proper writeup since she's wonderful and all - but computer troubles abound - so,  no time. I take a quick look at my five favourite performances of hers - she's so diverse an actress, even if it's often forgotten. I keep hoping she'll get the leading in Sunset Boulevard: The Musical, but I wager that she's definitely too old now. Shame. I can't wait for Damages to return, though, at least I'll be able to see her semi-regularly. She's got so many Emmy's and so many Tony's and yet that damned Oscar keeps eluding her. Ah well.
Claire Wellington in The Stepford Wives (2004)
I asked myself, ‘Where would people never notice a town full of robots?’ Connecticut!

Queen Gertrude in Hamlet (1990)
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.


Sarah Cooper in The Big Chill (1983)
We put on a great funeral here.

Alex Forrest in Fatal Attraction (1987)


You play fair with me, I'll play fair with you.

Marquise Isabelle de Merteuil in Dangerous Liaisons (1988)
When one woman strikes at the heart of another she seldom misses, and the wound is invariably fatal.
          
Pick a favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...