Wednesday, March 9, 2011

5 Links

My favourite post of this week is one that amuses me to no end, which is not to say that Nicholas isn't completely earnest in his proclamations. I'll always have his best interests at heart because he's as big a fan of Titanic as I (more so, even) and he returns to a decade long (and more) quest to Give Kate Winslet Back her Oscar (his words not mine).

Jose's finally getting down to his year-end awards and his list of Supporting Men and Supporting Women are both fine. As is expected, the list of full of some interesting surprises. Love his #1 on both counts, so I can't complain.

Tom gives an especially rousing look at The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, tying it to current (American) times. It's a particularly good read. 

Univarn loves to feign madness, but he's always ready to point out some astute things. Case in point this VERY pertinent entry on film criticism.

I couldn't help but notice two reviews of The Sting around hereabouts recently, one by the aforementioned Nicholas (here) and one by Paolo (here). Am I the only who loves this film without reservations?
        
Addendum
Hmmm, apparently I can't count...seven links. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...