Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Keira

What is Cecelia thinking? I do love Atonement dearly, much more than I love Keira Knightley but I do love her. True, I'm sort of antsy waiting to see what her next good performance will be - and I'm wondering what she'll be like opposite Joe Wright for the third time. I sort of hate that she's referred to as a "Period" Actress because even if she's best in films that aren't contemporary it seems the slightest bit disingenuous to refer to Cecelia Tallis and Elizabeth Bennett as women of the same time. Sure, they're both periods but the 1800s are a far cry from the 1940s...period or not. Ah, well.
           
I did love her best in Never Let Me Go, but then that filmed seemed like such a disappointing. A rewarding disappointment - but still disappointing. Owing to general laziness, and other things taking up my time I didn't even compile a list of films I was anticipating for 2010 and as much as I loved Cronerberg and Mortensen 2005 venture I'm not  sure that I'll love A Dangerous Method, although I'd love if both of them (along with Keira) knock it out of the park. I'm doubtful as to whether she'll ever top Elizabeth Bennett, but I'll remain hopeful. I mean, how can one not have faith in a face like this? She's only 26, she has plenty years ahead to prove me wrong...
               
I'm not the only Keira fan around hereabouts, am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...