Wednesday, December 30, 2009

99 Cent Word Reviews: Cloudy With A Chance of…New Moon

So two new reviews, or something like that. In what’s been a big year for animation I saw what many are predicting as one of the future five nominees at the Oscars in the animated category – Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, then I saw that Twilight flick. New Moon. For free. Obviously.
        
Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs

I don’t quite know what to make of this, it’s fair, but I can’t see this as being a big hit with children or with adults for that matter. The animation while not terrible is not particularly innovative either. The thing about this film is that it isn’t exceptionally dramatic or exceptionally funny. It’s just there. It’s so easy to look away, and I really didn’t feel that invested in the story. And the premise is a little crazy, but not so crazy that it’s exciting, either. Essentially it’s fair. It’s not bad, it’s not good. It’s just there.
C-
         
New Moon
So yeah, the Twilight flick. What can I say? I’m no fan. I’m not the demographic they’re aiming at, either. I actually think it’s worse than the other one. Robert Pattinson is not a very good actor, but I feel he has potential so to be honest, I missed him here. The entire thing is just so friggin’ convoluted but yeah, we already knew that. Sadly, it’s just as terrible as the books, so you can’t really blame it all on the film makers. I suppose it’s not a complete failure though. Pretty close, of course, but not completely.
D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...