Saturday, February 12, 2011

With A Link In My Heart

 My favourite post of the week is a no-contest, the fact that Nick gives Annette Bening such a great send-up means I can rest happy. I still think that the best actress race is undecided (mirroring a Cotillard vs Christie) race, and I'm still maintaining hope for the Bening. Sigh, me and my dreams.

So, apparently Jose loves The Social Network, which means we're back to being on the same page which makes me very happy. He's busy with grad school and whatnot, so I'm going on easy on him for the sporadic posting.

Luke is into his top ten films and takes a look at an Ang Lee one. My favourite Lee film is actually Sense & Sensibility, but the man is masterful. Enough said.

Walter is going on a rampage with recasting classics and decides on re-doing The Ten Commandments and Elmer Gantry. He replaces the delicious Anne Baxter with the delicious Salma Hayek in the former, which is a downgrade in performance but worthy, and then he replaces Burt Lancaster with Joaquin Phoenix in the latter which is a HUGE upgrade. I approve.

Paolo has some nice screencaps - oh, look Maggie the Cat, then Tracy Lords. Ah, movies...

Tom gives a lovely writeup on Shirley Booth in Come Back Little Sheba, I love William Inge's work but I've never seen this one. 

Univarn asks us to live out our favourite screen moments (that picture right below is mine, aaah Katherine Clifton). I don't know why everyone's avoiding the reality - you know you'd use that opportunity to have sex with the stars....hmmm, sounds like a reality show. Sexin'  with the Stars...

Robert is looking at his favourites of the past year and I love his nominees for Art Direction and Costume, both so personal (the way it should be), if somewhat surprising - the Colleen Atwood snub is hurtful, but I digress. Speaking of year-end love, Ryan counts down his top ten films. #1 is amazing, so I approve this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...