Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Arthur

Poor Arthur Kennedy never gets remembered like his peers. The man has five Oscar nominations; Champion (1949), Bright Victory (1951), Trial (1955), Peyton Place (1957), Some Came Running (1958). I've only seen three of them and true, I can't say that I'm an unbridled fan of his. Of the three I've seen him in (Bright Victory, Peyton Place, Some Came Running) the closest I came to loving him was in Peyton Place - and I was way more fond of Russ Tamblyn in that one. I did like him opposite Gertrude Lawrence in The Glass Menagerie (1950) and he does seem like a capital fellow and five Oscar nominations is nothing to shirk at.
               
Any Arthur fans out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...