Friday, November 12, 2010

A Serving of Links (with a Side of Commentary)

I'm generally proud of myself, I promised increased posting in November - considering the dryness of October - and I've generally made good on that claim thus far.

I know it's not really kosher to read reviews for new films if you haven't seen them, but there are some films I just don't care. I either don't care about the reviews, or don't ever plan on seeing them. Due Date falls in the latter group, and I'm glad I caught Jose's review because it was hilarious.

I'm months overdue on giving you that review of my favourite film, which most of you may know by now. Bear with me. Rachel only recently listed her top three, two of which make my top 100. She says she has a type, can you spot the similarities between the three?
I just recently offered up my take on Winter's Bone and Rory gives a similarly positive - but more detailed - review of it. It's easily identifiable as a flick with the female interest at heart, speaking of which Walter offers up a nice review of Tyler Perry's latest For Colored Girls... I understand that some people just will not be fans of Perry's work generally but I can't help but feel that some of the critical slamming it's taken is just because people have a general aversion to him. Shame, I'm interested - Anika Noni Rose, Whoopi Goldberg, Kerry Washington...need I go on?

I miss Parks & Recreation and I miss Amy Poehler. Luke ranks the women of SNL and of course Amy wins for me because she is just brilliant. Head on over and tell him he rigged the vote.

Yesterday was Leo D's birthday, I wrote up a little pseudo-retrospective and now for some reviews of some of his films. Aiden has good things to say about Catch Me If You Can, a film I feel is always unfairly remembered, and come on was Christopher Walken not brilliant in that? Chris Cooper stole his Oscar. Anna also offers up word on The Departed, one of my favourite BP wins of the last decade.

Yesterday happened to be Veteran's Day for you Americans, it's not till Sunday for us here in Guyana - Remembrance day by that name. The Mad Hatter offers up a nice perspective on the day.
   
Bring on the weekend review of Animal Kingdom coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...