Friday, December 3, 2010

"If I Linked You..." (time and again I would try to say...)

I'm shining the spotlight on Twister's performance review of Jennifer Grey's performance in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. (Sidenote: My mom has an exasperating appreciation for "Dancing With the Stars", and Grey seems really frosty but, eh. Whatever.)
 
The blogosphere was a buzz this past week with the news of James Franco and Anne Hathaway set to host the Oscars. The Mad Hatter and RC  were just two that weighed in, but I was particularly amused by Jose's thoughts. In case you don't know, he's obsessed with Anne. Only last week he was planning on abducting her to keep her as a memento in his pocket...(or something like that...)

   
I don't know if he has any open slots, but Castor's hosting Part II of his Fantasy Draft.
                     

Ben Stiller recently got good reviews for his work in Greenberg. His only good performance as far as I can recall, Darren recalls Meet the Parents - a movie I find painful to watch (except for the lovely Blythe Danner who is just as resplendent as her daughter, moreso even).
          
Jess thinks I'm going to love Burlesque. I have no idea if she's right or not, but I love this post.

Nicholas does an extensive writeup on Serendipity. I have weird thoughts about John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale, they both seem nice enough but I'm really uncertain about their "talents".
Paolo recently saw Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? while reading the book, that movie's a winner and so is the play...only recently Alex gave a short review of it.
      
Speaking of great movies...how great is The Little Mermaid? Very great says Luke, I agree....and on the topic of animation check out Rob and Robert (two different people) and their takes on Tangled
        
Remember Scott Pilgrim vs the World? I still love it very much, CS reviews it. (I'm still not sure why everyone keeps saying it's one for a niche-audience though. Unless I'm weird, I have no interest in video-games and no knowledge of this one, but the movie just amazing.)
       
And kindly head on over and congratulate Nick on this three-year blog anniversary
       
(PS. This screen-shot via Twister made my day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...