Thursday, October 29, 2009

2008: Wrapping Up

So the week has passed I’ve assessed the year 2008 more or less, and here are my winners in all the categories I felt I could assess properly with the runners up in parentheses.
    
Costume Design
The Other Boleyn Girl [The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Australia]

                        
Art Direction
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [Australia; Changeling]
            
Makeup
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [Hellboy; The Reader]

            
Editing
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [Revolutionary Road; Burn After Reading]
          
Cinematography
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [Australia; The Dark Knight]

            
Score
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [The Reader; Australia]
              
Original Song
Cadillac Records “Once in a Lifetime” [The Wrestler “The Wrestler”; WALL-E “Down to Earth”]
               
Sound Mixing
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [The Dark Knight; WALL-E]
           
Sound Editing
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [Wanted; Slumdog Millionaire]
             
Original Screenplay
In Bruges [Vicky Cristina Barcelona; Burn After Reading]

"My date involved two instances of 
extreme violence, one instance was
her hand on my cock and my finger
up her thing which lasted all too
briefly, and then I was away..."

Adapted Screenplay
Revolutionary Road [The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Doubt]
            
Supporting Actress
Amy Adams in Doubt [Kate Winslet in The Reader; Rosemarie DeWitt in Rachel Getting Married]

             
Supporting Actor
Brad Pitt in Burn After Reading [Jason Butler Harner in Changeling; Philip Seymour Hoffman in Doubt]

          
Lead Actress
Kate Winslet in Revolutionary Road [Kristin Scott Thomas in I’ve Loved You So Long; Cate Blanchett in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button]

    
Lead Actor
Leonardo DiCaprio in Revolutionary Road [Collin Farrell in In Bruges; Frank Langella in Frost/Nixon]

           
Director
David Fincher in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [Sam Mendes for Revolutionary Road; Stephen Daldry for The Reader]
           
Picture
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [Revolutionary Road; The Reader]


Yes, I was going crazy for Benjamin B. I confess. But what can I say I really liked the movie. Fincher, Pitt, Blanchett. They know my weakness. I'm looking forward to 2007 next week. 72 films I saw that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...